Director of Strategic Accounts
Hospitality | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Nor1, a leading provider of up-sell and cross-sell solutions for the hospitality industry, is an innovative hyper-growth company headquartered in Silicon Valley. Managed by seasoned entrepreneurs, it is well funded with its lead investors including Accel Partners, Goldman Sachs, Otter Capital and PAR Capital. Nor1’s customers include Hilton Worldwide, Hyatt International, Intercontinental, Carlson, and many other small and large chains.
Powered by advanced analytics and optimization algorithms, Nor1’s patented eStandby® solution offers the most relevant up-sell opportunities to hotel guests, enhancing guest satisfaction as well as providing incremental revenue for our hotel partners. Nor1 is also working to leverage its solution in the following verticals: airline, cruise line, car rental, spectator events and online/print advertising.
Title: Director of Strategic Accounts
Reporting to the Vice President Strategic Relationships, The Director of Strategic Accounts will be expected to deliver high touch client services to key accounts, and to formulate an innovative approach in creating solutions to exceed business development and financial goals. This position will work closely with the VP Strategic Operations to optimize business objectives throughout the customer organizations.
- Build and maintain strong relationship at each assigned account
- Act as primary spokesperson and point of contact for with key hotel staff while managing and developing strategic corporate and property relationships
- Become an expert on the Chain / Brand – understand intimately the brand differentiators, the loyalty program, the operating systems and customer base as well as brand strategy
- Identify additional opportunities within Chain (Product; Exposure; etc…) – Qualify & Define these opportunities
- Oversee reporting of the following measurements on a weekly basis: Property Velocity, Revenue Production, Performance Statistics and general Account knowledge, escalate problems to operations.
- Define, drive and launch Nor1’s strategy with brand partners
- Develop, plan, monitor, train and manage all brand initiatives (internal and external)
- Identifying “best practices, solutions and automation processes” that would enable Nor1 to scale the eStandby platform to be utilized across all parallels.
- Perform research, analyze reporting, and author account plans with goals and action steps for each account, giving consideration to regional differences
- Internally communicate business opportunities to Nor1 stakeholders and Leadership
- Develop strategic business proposals and make presentations to client Senior Management for buy-in and approval.
- “Own” revenue for each account.
- Plan and execute client based, quarterly update meetings and year end summary presentation, involving appropriate management
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with the broader Nor1 team to ensure appropriate account handling
- Communicate achievements and problems effectively in order to facilitate the adoption of best practices within the organization.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill & Ability
- Ability to build relationships, navigate and penetrate companies’ enterprises at multiple levels (Revenue Management, Operations, Loyalty, ecommerce, Sales & Marketing).
- Experience in managing teams working cross-functionally within an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer oriented with a focus on the voice of the customer
- Capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing a heavy workload
- Attention to detail while maintaining ability to multi-task
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in relevant field (e.g. Hospitality , Business, Finance, etc)
- 5+ years experience in the hospitality and travel industry
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills including a comfort level with speaking in small and large public and social gatherings
- Sales and Marketing training or certification
- Prior experience from a 3rd party vendor to the hospitality industry is a plus
- Excellent in creative writing and oral communication
- Analytical, critical thinker and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate teams individually and through others
- Ability to travel a large percentage of the time with minimal notice
Nor1, Inc. offers an excellent comprehensive package that includes: competitive wages, flexibility, travel, and growth opportunities, stock options, 401k, flexible spending, medical/dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, holidays. Nor1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2555361