Assistant Director/Director of Hospitality Operations
Hospitality | New York, United States
Are you an A+ player, committed to creating world-class products and building a legacy in the market place? Are you passionate, tenacious, and smart? Do your colleagues consider you an intense team player, delivering value, results and innovation? If so read on.
You will thrive in our fast-paced, results-oriented environment. We share your passion and are building a company that is changing the hospitality industry landscape.
Nor1, a leading provider of up-sell and cross-sell solutions for the hospitality industry, is an innovative hyper-growth company headquartered in Silicon Valley. Managed by seasoned entrepreneurs, it is well funded with its lead investors including Accel Partners, Goldman Sachs, Otter Capital and PAR Capital. Nor1’s customers include Hilton Worldwide (Hilton, Waldorf Astoria, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn & Suites, Conrad, and DoubleTree), Hyatt International, Intercontinental, Radisson, and many other small and large chains.
Powered by advanced analytics and optimization algorithms, Nor1’s patented eStandby® solution offers the most relevant up-sell opportunities to hotel guests, enhancing guest satisfaction as well as providing incremental revenue for our hotel partners. Nor1 is also working to leverage its solution in the following verticals: airline, cruise line, car rental, spectator events and online/print advertising.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the role of the Assistant Director of Hospitality Operations
is to manage a portfolio of hotels and a regional team using Nor1’s eStandby solution by providing customer support and optimizing revenue generated by the solution.
- Provide ongoing support to property level partners who use the Nor1 suite
- ·of products including providing training and analytical support
- Analyze property performance, working frequently with property decision makers to optimize the property’s revenue.
- Maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly communication with strategic accounts via checkpoint calls
- Achieve individual and team revenue goals in pursuit of existing account growth
- Act as a consultant to hotels in optimizing yield on premium room inventory and other peripherals.
- Track and manage Account Revenue Management (ARM) activity with sense of timeline and prioritization
- Review daily/weekly production alert reports and create weekly status reports
- Configure and update properties in a proprietary Control Panel system
- Overall ownership for content management for the portfolio leveraging existing in house resources
- Maintain logs/notes, email archives, and other property contact information in SugarCRM (Customer Relationship Management System)
- Participate in product and strategy brainstorming sessions to drive better efficiencies and optimize yields
- Provide constant two-way communication between Product team and direct customers
- Work closely with Sales team and other Operations staff to perform Quality Control and Account Transition
- Perform ancillary duties related to special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism required. Related fields such as: Economics, Statistics, Business, or related discipline will be considered. Masters in Hospitality or MBA preferred.
- Hospitality or travel industry work experience required.
- Prior experience/exposure/networks to industry via round table, HSMAI, etc. preferred
- Minimum of six to eight(6-8) years account management or Revenue Management work experience in a full-service hotel
- Previous management experience highly desired (remote management experience preferred)
- Inside sales experience and working with OTAS and/or hospitality technology vendors is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with proven mastery of management by fact
- Superb customer service skills with excellent phone and email communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must have knowledge of hotel property management systems (PMS), reservations, CRM (i.e. guest loyalty programs), inventory management & Revenue Management Systems
Location: Field Based
Nor1, Inc. offers an excellent comprehensive package that includes: competitive wages, flexibility, travel, stability and growth opportunities, stock options, 401k, flexible spending, medical/dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, holidays and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5723921